Latest Episode

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I find your lack of activity disturbing...

...is what I hear people say. And yes it's true, I haven't done anything Machinima related in over two years. I really should change that but what the hell. Most of my lack of activity has been due to lack of motivation. Sometimes a full-time job that you do not enjoy does that to you. But that's okay! I'm out of that job now and I've moved to a quaint little place called Dunedin. Unfortunately the PC which has all my stuff for Machinima production is still in a box back up in Wellington and I am currently in a temporary residence that has been provided by some kind people until I find a place. Once I do find a place I can organize my stuff to get sent down. So right now I have only got this laptop, which doesn't exactly have the capacity to do games newer than Portal 2, and I will wager a bet that it won't handle FRAPS very well so my options are limited for the time being. Don't get me wrong! It's a great laptop and it CAN run Portal 2 in full graphics without too much sacrifice to a reasonable frame rate. I think once I get myself fully settled I will start looking into this Source Film Maker thing that has recently become available and perhaps continue to produce some Machinima. I would love to get to work on more episodes on Dave, The Crazy Scientist if this Source Film Maker is all it's cracked up to be.

Also another reason I have been inactive in the Machinima front is because I have been putting my attention into learning FL Studio and I daresay it has proven to be something I am incredibly fond of. I've been producing House and Dubstep tunes since about July or so.

"But Simon," I hear you say. "You hate Dubstep! You and Jared even made a video to express your hatred toward it!" Well yes... Yes I DID hate Dubstep, but in all fairness I have to say I didn't exactly get the best first impression of it, and we know how important first impressions are. That video was also made over a year ago, and a lot can happen in that time frame. After listening to a few songs that people had recommended to me I actually discovered that there is good Dubstep out there but it is sadly one of those genres that is easy for people with no musical talent to abuse. But yeah I'm not going to ramble about that. I'll just leave it with at one point I didn't like Dubstep, but then I found some Dubstep that is actually good.

After dabbling with it myself and seeing what actually goes in to making electronic music in general, I can really appreciate the amount of effort that goes into it. It's not just a bunch of clicking a few buttons and BOOM, you have a song. It's a lot more than that, and a lot of fun.

Alright that's enough rambling from me. Here's a link to my Soundcloud if you are interested: CLICKY CLICKY

tl;dr: I have been inactive because busy, moving cities and other stuff I am interested in. Will resume eventually.

2 comments:

  1. Jesus, clean up this blog, there's dust everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

In America, you leave comment.
In Soviet Russia, comment leave you!