Latest Episode

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Parker's Mind: Episode 18 - Parkers in Space

New episode! It seems I broke my little trend of releasing episodes very quickly. I did say don't get used to it... Didn't I?
Anyway, it's set in space. Parker has to shut down the laser satellite network which is controlled by an orbital space station. Full of fun and adventure and David Bowie references.

I am going to attempt to make episode 19 with Kdenlive, a video editor for linux, as I have Ubuntu on my laptop, and I have been amping to give it a try.

Here it is!

6 comments:

  1. that was extremely good now go have a pan seared muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh crap! I forgot to grab CS12!!!

    Nice job on episode 18 Simon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lord Psymon: Have you had a chance to try out Kdenlive yet? I'm on the lookout for good video editing software and I was kinda curious about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard nothing but good things about it. They say it easily rivals products like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. I tried it briefly yesterday, and so far I am quite impressed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say definitely give it a try. It even comes with an old film filter, that would have been handy for when I made my 1920s edition of episode one haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty nice, and AFAIK, it's the only free video editor for Linux (linear or non-linear) that doesn't suck. I've experienced a bug or two, like the timeline mysteriously becoming much longer than it should be because something ended up way beyond the end, and suddenly not being able to edit or even delete a clip or effect because Kdenlive seems confused about whether it exists, and it's also crashed a few times. I also think the title functionality could be expanded and improved.

    But all the other free editors I've looked at suck in some way or other, while this one is quite good despite it's little issues. (And it's not like I've used anything non-free, so I can't really compare it to any of those.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. have u been watchin the new series of the i.t crowd, the countdown episode was one of the best so far.

    ReplyDelete

In America, you leave comment.
In Soviet Russia, comment leave you!