Latest Episode

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Accidents happen...

...But when they happen on the way to work, it's not good! So I was riding to work, normal as, came across a sudden red light, hit the brakes, and BAM! Front wheel slid on a big manhole cover and I came right off and slid down the road for about 20 meters. So now I have a sprained thumb that is killing me, and multiple bruises and grazes down my left leg and I'm limping like an old man who lost his walking stick. My bike on the other hand, has only a few scratches, a bent handle bar and the chain came off, which is all easily fixable, thank goodness. I'm just so glad I didn't hit anyone when I came off, as I think the pedestrian crossing had just gone green as I slid off, so it could have been much worse, and I'd be sitting in a police station, rather than my parents' place, and we'd have someone more injured than I, which I'd rather not have.
What surprised me was the kindness of the general public. I think I had about 5-6 people help me when they saw what happened, which was unexpected because I'm used to the idea that people operate on the "Someone else will do it" mind set. They were very kind, called the ambulance just in case, helped me and my bike up, rung my work for me, and gave me a glass of water and a chair until Dad could come and get me.
My bike is still sitting in town. We wheeled it to the nearest motorcycle park, and dad will fix the chain and ride it back home for me when he is done with work, so hopefully I'll be back on the road tomorrow.
I hate manhole covers... They're god damn dangerous if you don't see them! They should be covered with some non-slip material so that things like this don't happen.

11 comments:

  1. thank the lord that your ok people can get killed in acendents like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy SHIT! God damn! You chould have been killed! I can't belive you fell down a manhole. I've always think my friends will fall in one of those things. Thank goodness your ok. Lord forbid anything else happense to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me improve your comment, Anon and please, improve your grammar.

    "Thank God, you're okay. Man, people can get killed in accidents like that."

    Go read some dictionary. It might help improve your grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me improve your wording, Anonymous:

    "Go read _A_ dictionary."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad you're alright.

    Manholes are deadly little buggers. You got off a lot better than most would.

    I'm really amazed that so many people helped you. I can pretty much bet if it happened here, no one would even give a second glance :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. True, manholes are nasty sons o' bitches. I just wonder if they have them in Red Faction, that would be a topic for Parker to moan about...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey simon can you make a mind episode interactive where the people make parkers decsenions? it could be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anon: What is "decsenions"? Learn how to spell before you comment on this blog and also, use punctuation and capital letters too. It might help you get better in writing comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would require programming, and I am not a programmer, so the answer is no. If you want to decide what Parker does, you'll be better off just buying and playing Red Faction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simon its not that hard im talking about useing anontations not makeing literly interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're okay, man. Cripes, I get into an accident and now you?! =_= Something wicked this way comes. I have a sudden urge to check on Krimsin, who has been AWOL for awhile now...

    Hope your thumb feels better!

    @Anons: Only true grammar Nazis are allowed to correct grammar issues. Also, interactive episodes are unnecessarily complicated, annotations are annoying, and no one uses them anyway. There are reasons why R.L. Stein stopped making Give Yourself Goosebumps books.

    ReplyDelete

In America, you leave comment.
In Soviet Russia, comment leave you!