Latest Episode

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All Garry's Mod Productions Suspended Until Further Notice.

This is because for some annoying reason, Garry's Mod has suddenly stopped working. I have no idea why, I haven't installed any mods lately, or anything at all. When I open it, I just get a black screen, which has to be terminated using Task Manager. This really sucks because I was really amped to make another Psymonic Disasterpiece episode.
However, I am currently working on restoring my Windows XP installation, as I have installed one of my old hard drives which I decommissioned awhile ago, which I can use to install XP on. But until then, there's nothing Garry's Mod related that I can do.

3 comments:

  1. It could be as a result of Windows XP getting corrupted somewhere. I know most of the time when Garry's Mod fails to run, it is usually because of mods. If that were the case, then deleting Garry's Mod (from the steam menu and deleting the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\*steam user name\garrysmod directory) usually fixes it. But you said you don't have any, so that can't be it.

    I have seen older graphics card drivers or ones that got messed for some unknown reason cause this with other source games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happend to me one day and all my games whould not work. I just turned of my laptop and the problem was fixed. One thing you chould do is un-insall the game then re-insall it. That works for me most of the time.

    ReplyDelete

In America, you leave comment.
In Soviet Russia, comment leave you!